POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : English style? : Re: English style? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English style?
From: TonyB
Date: 11 Sep 1999 23:27:09
Message: <37DB0E5B.5892CD7D@panama.phoenix.net>
As a child, I learned the USA system of dating. I understood it, I used it, and
found nothing wrong with it. When I changed over to Panamanian schools, I was
hit with the reality that they didn't work that way. After a few months, I had
changed over to their system. Now, I find nothing wrong with this one. My father
still uses the USA system, since he is not in school. In my own personal papers
and pov script files, I have taken to using the D/M/Y system. It is times like
this that I feel detached from my North American roots and I feel kinda sad
about having 2 nationalities and living in the country I like least of the two.
Perhaps I should detach from both nationalities and start using the Japanese
system (Y/M/D). To breifly explain it, to them I was more important to know in
what year of what Emperor's reign they were, than to know what month or day they
were living.

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB