POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Forklift or truck wanted : Upgrading Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Upgrading
From: Alberto
Date: 10 Sep 1999 18:32:53
Message: <37D98783.7E63A7C9@ma.usb.ve>
Ken wrote:

> Strangely I resisted upgrading to Pov v3.0 from v2.2 for a long time...

I have the same filling with upgrading my computer OS. But with POV-Ray my
story is different. I started using POV as soon as version 3.0 arrived. At
that time there were various promises about the next upgrade. Most of this
promises went into reality in version 3.1, and I was very happy.
Furthermore, with version 3.1 (for the mac) it came a little Geschenkt from
Thorsten Froehlich that let you convert the ttf available on your OS system
to the POV format (thanks). I think that when version 3.5 arrives I'll start
using it immediately.

Alberto.