POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Forklift or truck wanted : Re: Forklift or truck wanted Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forklift or truck wanted
From: Ken
Date: 10 Sep 1999 16:57:11
Message: <37D97044.50E28C53@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Just wondering...why are you still using POV-Ray 3.0? The latest release
> has several speedups and bug fixes in addition to the new features.

 Strangely I resisted upgrading to Pov v3.0 from v2.2 for a long time.
I finally installed v3.0 and had it available for several months before
taking the plunge. One of the reasons I disliked v3.0 was because of
the editor it used. Once v3.1 came out with it's new improved editing
environment I've never for a moment looked back. I still use v2.2 on
occasion when working in a DOS environment and it is useful for
verifying the content of the hundreds of v2.2 scenes I have littering
my hard drives.

I guess some people are just resistant to change - me included.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: