POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question : Re: Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single BMP, perhaps you all misunderstood my question
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 8 Sep 1999 16:46:02
Message: <37D6CC25.6BDCCC0D@xs4all.nl>
TonyB wrote:

> > Sure.
> > But it also depends on the type of image you have.
>
> PNG would still kick RLE's butt.

Yep, you're right.
PNG's compression is amazing for lossless compression.
I reckoned there would always be a weird case where it could be beaten by
another format (as with JPG vs GIF) but I wouldn't even know where to look.
Man, does this bother me!
I hope it didn't frighten CrunchyFrog into loosing his or her crunchiness.

Ajeto!

Remco