POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : many identical object with different textures : Re: many identical object with different textures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: many identical object with different textures
From: Mr  Art
Date: 7 Sep 1999 16:44:19
Message: <37D578FA.4E7E2285@gci.net>
This could be of help...
#declare R1 = seed(12345);
#declare name_of_shape  = the shape without a texture here
#macro Place( name_of_shape)
    object{name_of_shape   texture{some_predefined_texture translate
<rand(R1),rand(R1),rand(R1)}}
#end

then you could use
Place {name_of_shape }

The texture will be translated by some randome amount each time that the
macro is called.

Let us know if that helped.

Mr. Art