POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Calling all uv experts... : Re: Calling all uv experts... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling all uv experts...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Sep 1999 14:05:27
Message: <37D40306.9F5EFA7B@inapg.inra.fr>
One reason I didn't mention it is that though it makes nice grass, fur or
"crew-cut" style of hairdo, it offers no or little control about the way the hair
can flow (apart gravity). Also, there's no way of positionning the hair in a
precise pattern over a mesh, or to have the hair longer in some places etc. This is
not a criticism of Chris' work of course since what the macro does is already
great. It's just that 3d hairdressing requires a little more technology. The best
example of that I've seen recently is the trailer for a video game named Ridge
racer (Playstation), where a anime-style girl has free-flowing hair that follows
the movements of her head. This probably involves particle systems and other higher
technology.
G.