POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Calling all uv experts... : Re: Calling all uv experts... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling all uv experts...
From: Ken
Date: 6 Sep 1999 14:01:14
Message: <37D40103.405C7F7A@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> It does great fur, but I don't think it could do human hair that looks realistic
> in closeup. There is no interaction and relatively little control over the shape
> of the hair...
> There are very interesting papers around the net about realistic
> computer-generated hair, but I doubt any of them would be applicable in POV
> script.
>
> Margus

It will do hiar too if you apply yourself. Posted on 05-04-1999 a thread
titled "H" by Ken Tyler shows that you can do hair with Chris's macro.
I did not see you reply to the thread so you may have missed it. I spent
very little time on the hair on that dude and it could have been imporved
upon greatly had I applied myself to it more. Shape control is more of a
problem than length and curving from the top downward. Someone with Gilles
talents would most likely have no problems with it though.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: