POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Glitch help please! : Re: Glitch help please! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glitch help please!
From: Ken
Date: 1 Sep 1999 18:40:11
Message: <37CDAB04.3EC3C25D@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> This is the oil lamp (glass only) from the desktop scene (trapped) I
> posted on binaries.images. There is a ring of sorts in the stem of the
> glass, and I can't get rid of it. I tried adding an extra, short
> cylinder where the torus and cone met up, to see if maybe that would
> close some kind of gap, but it didn't work. Note that all differences
> used to be intersections with inverse objects. Tell me if you know what
> the problem is. Also note it may take a while to render.

I don't have time to work on this for you but you mention that it takes
a while to render which means you are doing test renders with transparent
materials. I sometimes find mistakes in my glass objects by giving them
a solid color. Two things happen. You can see creases better and you don't
have to wait as long for test renders. Something for you to think about
anyway.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: