POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Square and triangular pattern : Re: Square and triangular pattern Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square and triangular pattern
From: Ken
Date: 1 Sep 1999 11:05:01
Message: <37CD405F.B59C9526@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   If we add a patch to povray every time someone wants his own pattern
> type, povray would grow wildly and there would be a lot more maintenance
> problems.
>   If someone doesn't know how to get the desired pattern, he sould learn
> how to use povray ;)

Again let me say that what is easy for you to figure out may be an
impossibilty for someone with lesser abilities than your own. You
have an university education, some programming abilities, and your
grasp of math is on orders better than my own. This puts you in an
enviable position that not every user can acheive even with the best
of intentions. I am also not advocating adding "every" pattern written
but some of the more trick patterns that are developed would make
welcome additions to the program barring any problems with breaking
an existing function.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: