POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Square and triangular pattern : Re: Square and triangular pattern Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square and triangular pattern
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 31 Aug 1999 09:52:08
Message: <37CBDDD9.BE8E345E@atos-group.com>
Ken wrote:

> Despite the comments from the other two skeptics in this thread I like the
> idea of these two new patterns. I have one question though about the third
> image on your page. If you look at the triangle pattern you can see visible
> "cracking" in some places. Is this simply a matter of not enough AA when
> you rendered the image or perhaps a jpg problem ?

Alas, none of these. The current images in the page were made with PSP.
(after the generation of the hexagon with a vector program...). Then a
copy with
transparent paper was done around the initial. The crack is due to the
my bad
precision of the hexagon... The square was easier to do...

I should update the images in a day or two with real povray rendered
pictures,
but my tests image were really too much bigger for anything worth.

Thanks for the interest.