POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : colour-problem : Re: colour-problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colour-problem
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 29 Aug 1999 12:01:12
Message: <37C959D8.20A3095B@geocities.com>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> I'm new to this group because I alway use POV on Win-systems. I have a scene
> that rendered fine on those systems but when I tried to render it on a
> Unix-system it crashes.
> Supposedly there's something wrong with a pigment-statement.
> When it is simply:
>
>   pigment{Red}
>
> everythings fine, but when that is changed to :
>
>   pigment{rgb<col.x+rand(rr)/10,col.y+rand(rr)/10,col.z+rand(rr)/10>}
>
> or some variations on that form (taking a 3d-vector col and adding a 3d-vector
> with random-values to it) POV gives an error-message.
> Is there anyone here that can confirm or explain this?

In general it helps greatly to include the actual error message.
It might just be that you need to add color.

pigment{color rgb<col.x+rand(rr)/10,col.y+rand(rr)/10,col.z+rand(rr)/10>}

Although the crashing is interesting. Again, an exact error is useful.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.