POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : colour-problem : colour-problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  colour-problem
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 29 Aug 1999 08:08:39
Message: <37C923FF.CB5903E7@xs4all.nl>
I'm new to this group because I alway use POV on Win-systems. I have a scene
that rendered fine on those systems but when I tried to render it on a
Unix-system it crashes.
Supposedly there's something wrong with a pigment-statement.
When it is simply:

  pigment{Red}

everythings fine, but when that is changed to :

  pigment{rgb<col.x+rand(rr)/10,col.y+rand(rr)/10,col.z+rand(rr)/10>}

or some variations on that form (taking a 3d-vector col and adding a 3d-vector
with random-values to it) POV gives an error-message.
Is there anyone here that can confirm or explain this?

Regards,

Remco