POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : beyond normal maps.... : Re: beyond normal maps.... Server Time
17 May 2024 06:52:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beyond normal maps....
From: TigerHawk
Date: 27 Aug 1999 18:15:19
Message: <37C861BD.DF4C9795@stic.net>
Well, I could stand to impove a whole lot with spatch, though I have made a
rather nice fish so far (no mouth though, that is really hard so far). I took a
look at the head modelling tutorial a while back - it blew my mind :) I mostly
have trouble figuring out how to deisgn figures so that they are more designable.

That is to say, starting from a sphere and working your way up to a head - I'm
having trouble adding splines in paths, like if I want an extra point in a
spline, I can't do it if I've already fused it to something else.

If I can figure out how to get around that, I think things will become easier.

Thanks for the help! (I've seen the teacup - it is pretty impressive!)

Tim Soderstrom