POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New plugins : Re: New plugins Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New plugins
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 27 Aug 1999 12:36:47
Message: <37C6BE55.22841E9D@skynet.be>
Christophe Laborde wrote:

> for the roof, I'm architect I can explain to the developers how too build a
> roof but Idon't know how to program (it isn't my job).
> Let me know if you are interested to program

 Being a little of both (arch. and prog.), I'd say that the task is very
difficult,
and, anyway, you'll need a different plugin for each kind of roof,
because, and you
know that, you abolutely can't use a 'formula' to create a roof, because
it's dependant
from too many parameters, and especially un-quantifiable ones.

 I recently made a window plugin for Pov, and, while it works well (any
bay size,
any number of glass divisions, correct direction of wood veins if wood
is used...),
it is limited to 2-openings windows, because it's something you can't
generalize.

Fabien