POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux with v3.1g : Re: Linux with v3.1g Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux with v3.1g
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 27 Aug 1999 00:14:42
Message: <37C610E1.7261F199@mailbag.com>
Orrin wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I had a copy of PovRay v3 working just fine in my SuSE (v6.1) Linux.
> When I upgraded to PovRay version 3.1g, I get the following error:

Basically, I'm learning that nobody who isn't running the latest version
of Red Hat can run binaries compiled under the latest version of Red
Hat.  I'm working on getting a version compiled under a different
distribution, but I'm afraid I picked the least user-friendly
distribution out there (guess which one), and I'm not having much luck
getting it to compile.  In the meantime, the best thing to do if you're
not running Red Hat 6.0 is to grab the source and compile it yourself.
Sorry for the inconvenience; I had no idea my upgrading Red Hat would be
such a headache for everyone else.

--
Mark Gordon
mtg### [at] povrayorg