POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : language setting : Re: language setting Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: language setting
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 26 Aug 1999 10:52:43
Message: <37C55552.75DC154D@geocities.com>
Steve wrote:

> The most important thing to know about computers
>
> Alt F S saves the work you've done so far and if you do this as
> Nieminen does after every line, you don't notice that you're
> doing it after a while. I wouldn't say that I save after every
> line, but certainly after what I would consider to be a change in
> the document.

Ctl-x Ctl-s does it for me.     :-P
(using Emacs)

But I'd take a chance to recommend that all POV-Ray users consider using RCS or
some other form of source control.

It makes it easy to revert to any prior version of a scene file, makes backups
easier, and allows for playing with different variations without having to worry
about messing up the main file.

And another side benefit is that if you use RCS and are a person who dual-boots
Windows and Linux, it can handle the line end conversions for you.

Source control: It's not just for programmers anymore.  :-)

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.