POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image on sphere is reversed. : Re: image on sphere is reversed. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image on sphere is reversed.
From: Ken
Date: 25 Aug 1999 16:26:12
Message: <37C4512E.CE47BBAC@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Change the "rotate <0,180,180>", it's turning the whole thing upside
> > down and around. Try 'rotate <0,180,0> instead to see. Also be careful
> > of using multiple vector values in a rotation rather than multiple
> > individual rotations. You can't control the order otherwise.
>
> That doesn't work. No matter how I rotate it, the image is still
> mirrored.

I just tried this with an earthmap that I have and it worked for me. If you
are having a problem with the image you are using maybe you should try reversing
it in a paint program ?

//Earth
sphere {<0,0,0> 1
  texture {
     pigment  {
      image_map { sys "earthmap.bmp"  map_type 1 interpolate 2 }
                  translate -.5
                  rotate<0,180,0>
    }
    finish {ambient 0.3}
  }
    scale 1
}

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: