POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : using BMP as background for galaxies : Re: using BMP as background for galaxies Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using BMP as background for galaxies
From: Ken
Date: 25 Aug 1999 16:16:49
Message: <37C44EFB.6DF03FD5@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I'm using the Galaxy maker to make a BMP of a space background. But when
> I map it to a plane, POV for windows 3.02 gives me an illegal operation.
> How do I use a BMP as a background to a plane where Z is the plane
> normal?

 plane { z, 1.0
  texture {
    pigment {
      image_map { sys "c:\images\galaxy.bmp"  map_type 0 interpolate 2 once
     }
   }
  }
 clipped_by {box { <0, 0, -1>, <1, 1, 1> } }
}

You are probably not including the path to the bit map image. If it is not
in one of your library paths or in the same diectroy as the .pov file pov
does not know where to find it. See example above for syntax.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: