POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : skipping an object temporarily : Re: skipping an object temporarily Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skipping an object temporarily
From: Ken
Date: 25 Aug 1999 16:03:56
Message: <37C44BF6.3ABCC933@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> Is there an easy way to skip rendering an object? Like using a GOTO to
> skip over it? I don't want to have to delete the whole object or comment
> out 20 lines to comment it out.
>
> Thanks.

The easiest way is to simply declare the object as something.

For example:

#declare Thing =
union{
sphere{<1,0,0>,1}
sphere{<0,1,0>,1}
sphere{<0,0,1>,1}
sphere{<1,1,0>,1}
sphere{<0,1,1>,1}
     }

//object{Thing}

As you can see you need only comment out one line this way. This is of course
a simplified version and you would normaly have finishes and pigments for the
objects.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: