POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel : Re: Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: Textures / images of a solar panel
From: Ken
Date: 25 Aug 1999 09:30:01
Message: <37C3EFA2.D97E8567@pacbell.net>
"Bernd M. Jordan" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone have or could point me to a texture or images of solar panels? I
> have been to some of the known texture and image libraries including NASA
> and JPL but to no avail.
>
> I have also posted this in povray.general but it generated no response
> whatsoever. Did I put it in the wrong place to start with? I am not too
> experienced with NGs so please excuse my 'misbehavior'.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> .....Opinions are my own....
> Bernd M. Jordan

I just did a yahoo web search for solar panels using the search words
"photo voltaic". The first two sites I visited had images of cells
that you could (er, um) borrow. You may have to search through a few
sites to find the quality of image you need but I think you should be
successful with a little effort. It really would not be hard to model
one. If you get really desperate I could whip one up for you in a fairly
short amount of time.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: