POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Midnight Modeller : Re: Midnight Modeller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Midnight Modeller
From: Ken
Date: 20 Aug 1999 05:59:14
Message: <37BD26F8.ECB16053@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Yipes! No mention of sPatch?! I fear it may go the way of MNM too
> since no updates ever seem to be talked of. So I'm mentioning it here
> myself even though I seldom touch a modeller.
>
> Bob

  Spatch is what I consider a bezier patch utility as opposed to a full
modelling environment. That is why I did not bring it up in context with
the others I mentioned. If it had support for Pov primitives, textures,
and all of the other features that make up the other modelling programs
I would have mentioned it. Obviously it has merit for what it does do but
it is a different class of animal.
  I too agree that some word from the author about it's future would be a
good thing but I have heard nothing in that regard. In fact I attempted to
contact him about this a few months ago and while my email did not bounce
back to me it also went unanswered.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: