POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Mars, if it had water : Re: Mars, if it had water Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mars, if it had water
From: Ken
Date: 19 Aug 1999 01:24:20
Message: <37BB9501.647F4D92@pacbell.net>
Morpheus Dreamlord wrote:

> 'cos most of em are too stupid to use png or jpg....

In defense of Chuck let's just say he is fairly new around here and has not
picked up on the protocols of this news server. Chuck please post your images
in povray.binaries.images. The prefered format is a compressed .jpg as that
is what the majority of news browsers can handle. If you do post in .bmp or
.tga we request that you archive the file in .zip or some similar format to
help those with slower cable access. Many pay for access by the minute and
download messages to read them offline. When you post images with large file
sizes it costs them more than those fortunate to have unlimited access of
fast cable modem access. The .png format also has a built in compression
ability so post those in compressed format if possible. There is a set of
guidelines for posting on this server in the:
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group on this server. It would
behove you to stop by and read this when time permits as well as the other
announcments posted in that group.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: