POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : White is white ? : Re: White is white ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White is white ?
From: Phil Clute
Date: 17 Aug 1999 15:32:27
Message: <37B9B97B.471914CD@tiac.net>
>I'm currently trying to render a in-house scene, and so, I need to simulate
>a white ceiling.
>But when I try to specify a white texture, I always get a gray ceiling, even
>when there is a light veryclose to it.
>
>Could you give me some hints about this difficulty ?

Whenever I have this problem I multiply the color like this:

pigment{ rgb<1,1,1>*2}

or you can do ...rgb<2,2,2>  it's the same thing. Multiplying just
makes it quicker to tweek the settings.
You can do the same thing to the color of the lights too.

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.