POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Non-Linear transformations : Re: Non-Linear transformations Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-Linear transformations
From: David Heys
Date: 16 Aug 1999 01:13:17
Message: <37B79D8B.5D429E@hotmail.com>
SamuelT. wrote:

> Oh! Are you talking about something that would allow you to scale say, just
> the top portion of a sphere and not the bottom?

Yea, but moreso for more complex transformations. I know that a lot can be done
with CSG, but I was thinking of something more along the lines of the
following:

http://www.sinbad.net/~autumn/images/odd_sphere.jpg

This was done in Rhino and exported to POV. The rough equivilant in POV (if we
had this feature) would be:

sphere {0,18
 scale_map y{
  [0.0   <1.0,       1.0>]