POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 's price : Re: Moray 's price Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray 's price
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 15 Aug 1999 10:28:35
Message: <37B6CE9E.73511E0E@mninter.net>
Ken wrote:

> eric wrote:
> >
> > What do you think of Moray's price ?
> > I'm new to ray tracing and POVRay, and Moray is indeed a useful software.
> >
> > But today, I'm planning not using Moray anymore, since I can't afford to pay
> > for registration.
> >
> > I think itsa price is very high, especially when you compare to POVRay's
> > price, of course.. :O) But even compared to software sold through mass
> > distribution, it looks expensive.. even when I realize that a lot of work
> > hides behind Moray...
>

> Moray they could probably afford to drop the price a little (I'm guessing here).
>   If you compare it's abilities against other much costlier products like 3DS Max

In fact, its interface is almost exactly teh same as 3DS Max's. Its has one of teh
best texture editors around.And it has total support for POV(it'd be nice if it could
just export geometry to RIB, too...hint hint, plugins makers.)

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You have ever "Hard-Coded" a bezier patch.