POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : beyond normal maps.... : Re: beyond normal maps.... Server Time
2 May 2024 21:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beyond normal maps....
From: TigerHawk
Date: 12 Aug 1999 23:24:01
Message: <37B4E33B.5CBBB22F@sitc.net>
That's not a bad idea at all....though for huge objects, wow. I think most of
the things I need to do I will try and do with sPatch. Right now I am still
learning how to make it work right (I found the hide function today,
yay!)....I'm having trouble figuring out how to do indentions in an already
created surface...I just haven't used it enough, but it is the only modeller
I have liked thus far (it still gives me the pov edit-by-hand freedom, but
allows me to create complex and curvy shapes....

Thanks for the idea though! For future blob-dudes, I may use that concept!

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk