POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Update on my patch : Re: Update on my patch: functions etc. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update on my patch: functions etc.
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Aug 1999 17:29:44
Message: <37B48E6C.A85C1C21@compuserve.com>
eval_pattern(pattern, position) function.
Returns the value of a pattern at a point in space.
#declare value = eval_pattern(crackle, position/< 1, 1, 1>);

eval_pigment(pigment, position) function.
Returns the color of a pigment at a point in space.

eval_warp(warp, position) function.(not finished)
Will return the warped position of a point in space, currently doesn't
work and I am trying to figure out why.

epsilon constant, like pi, smallest number not considered 0.

^ operator for power.
#declare a = b^c;

sqr() and cube() functions
trace() function
vcompare(vectorA, vectorB) function for comparing vectors, returns true
if equal, false otherwise.
noise3d() function