POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Update on my patch : Re: Update on my patch: patterns etc. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update on my patch: patterns etc.
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Aug 1999 17:23:57
Message: <37B48D11.E17C4070@compuserve.com>
Patterns:
solid OFFSET      Gets the value on the map at position OFFSET.
cloth      Just a cloth pigment, similar to two gradients at right
angles mapped with a checker
pattern
cloth2      Returns a value from 0-0.5 for every other square,  0.5-1
for the others.
torspiral TWIST      Makes a spiral around a unit sized torus in the xy
plane

pattern_exponent      Makes poly_wave obsolete, this is similar but is
applied to waveforms, so
can be used with waveforms like sine_wave. If a pattern_exponent is
applied to a ramp_wave, the result is the same as a poly_wave.