POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects? : Re: Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects?
From: Ken
Date: 11 Aug 1999 15:09:52
Message: <37B1CA6E.C84ECD22@pacbell.net>
"Jerome M. BERGER" wrote:

> Nieminen Mika wrote:

>         Yes, what I meant was that you can't see any reflections on a wood
> surface (unless it is higly polished and varnished). The effect that
> causes wood to become visible is probably different from the one I
> described since it is independant on the viewing direction...
>
>                 Jerome

  Actually wood cellulose is highly reflective. This cam be seen when
viewed with a simple magnifying glass. It's surface properties are so
porous and broken into so many angles that it is not redily apparent
from casual inspection.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: