POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : mesh2 question : mesh2 question Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2 question
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Aug 1999 20:08:11
Message: <37B0BEEE.2AE722CB@peak.edu.ee>
Because of the triangle malloc bug in the superpatch, I recently had to use
mesh2 instead of mesh. While the format is quite elegant, I had one major
problem with it: the need to specify the number of elements in the arrays. Since
I was reading in coordinates from a file, I had no way of predicting this
number. This made mesh2 generation rather cumbersome.
So the question: is specifying the number of elements really necessary? I would
imagine it only speeds up initial parsing. Dropping it would, IMO, make using
mesh2 easier.

Margus