POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : soft prisms : soft prisms Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  soft prisms
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 8 Aug 1999 18:48:23
Message: <37AE08A6.B371B39F@xs4all.nl>
I wasn't exactly sure whether to post this here or in the utilities-group, but
here it is.

I needed a prism with soft edges. I remember wanting to make such a macro some
time ago. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a thing like that here so there
is a chance I'm reinventing the wheel.

With this macro you can make only linear sweeps and splines.

This is a first version which seems to do what I want but I can imagine you can
find some mistakes in it or have suggestions for improvement. Comments are
welcome.

There is something weird though. The test-scene included renders fine, but I
tested it with an orthographic camera and there are thin white lines on some
objects which shouldn't be there. With a normal camera you can also see some,
depending on the location of the camera. I have no idea what's causing this. It
may well be a bug in the macro but I can't find it. Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/

Post a reply to this message