POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An easy way to import textures : Re: An easy way to import textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An easy way to import textures
From: Tony Vigil
Date: 8 Aug 1999 06:21:31
Message: <37AD5C34.28DE9718@gte.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> > I've been pulling my hair out trying to enter
> > them manually and found that some stuff couldn't be done.
> It should be fairly straightforward for most textures, though.
> The only place you may experience difficulties is with
> out of range values.
>
> Maybe you can give an example of one that's caused a lot of
> hair loss<g>.

Lutz,

I have, on several occassions, needed to use out of range values for
textures.  Will we be able to do this sometime in Moray's future?

Also, on a simi-related topic...

Out of range RGB values for lights (& textures) aren't currently
supported either.  I'm not sure why I would ever need negative RGB
values for textures, but I do use lights with negative values quite
often.  It would be nice to be able to do this in Moray.

Currently, I have to add lights that represent my negative-RGB-value
lights, export my scene, open the file in POV & make my changes there.
Is there a way to make parts of my POV export file not get changed each
time that I send it for test renders - sort of like we can do with
textures?