POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pov-Ray 3.1g (compiled from source) outputting odd... : Re: Pov-Ray 3.1g (compiled from source) outputting odd... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray 3.1g (compiled from source) outputting odd...
From: cab5
Date: 6 Aug 1999 18:48:38
Message: <37AB655B.B4B5166B@bravo436.chem.mcgill.ca>
It could be two things that I know of.  First the simple thing.  Make
sure you built the xwindows binary, not just the unix binary (which
doesn't know about X, so it tries to output an ascii approximation of
the image to the console or the xterm you called it from.)

I found I still had this problem, even with the X windows compile.  The
problem only happened when I did a "make newunix" followed by a "make
xwin".  In theory, this shouldn't be a problem but... try doing a "make
clean ; make newxwin" and see if the x-povray binary works properly for
you.  I wonder if this qualifies as a bug in the makefile?

--
To reply through email, please remove the number five from my address.
No commercial email please.