POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isoblob patch beta : Re: Isoblob patch beta Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isoblob patch beta
From: Lummox JR
Date: 6 Aug 1999 00:56:43
Message: <37AA6B40.2956@aol.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Aug 1999 12:21:37 -0400, Lummox JR wrote:
> >BTW, I'd like to see the new isosurface files if possible; an addition
> >of r, theta, and phi will likely force some modifications to my
> >function-normal code.
>
> You can get them from R. Suzuki's website if you really want them.
> I'm not sure what effects it will have on you, though.  The changes
> seem to be limited to isofunc.c and are in the form of new internal
> functions:
>
> static DBL R(FUNCTION *Func,VECTOR XYZ)
> {
>    return( sqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z ) );
> }
>
> static DBL TH(FUNCTION *Func,VECTOR XYZ)
> {
>    return( atan2(x,z) );
> }
>
> static DBL PH(FUNCTION *Func,VECTOR XYZ)
> {
>    return( atan2(sqrt(x*x + z*z ),y) );
> }

Oh, I get it. So they're not in the main table like cos(), log(), etc.;
they're externals like "Sphere". In that case I don't have to do a
thing, no; my code already compensates for that. I was worried that
they'd be new variables, such that "R" would automatically push
sqrt(x^2+y^2) to the stack, etc. That would have messed with the normal
calculations a bit; I was concerned because I never got the
function-normal code to work for atan2(), and those would (I guessed
correctly) need that to work properly.

Lummox JR