POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : my animations are too big for the web. What to do ... : Re: my animations are too big for the web. What to do ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my animations are too big for the web. What to do ...
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 6 Aug 1999 00:47:14
Message: <37AA6948.750A4749@geocities.com>
Dennis Clarke wrote:

>         I am having a lot of fun creating animations by taking advantage of the
> internal clock feature.  The problem is that the images are all 24 bit TGA files
> at 320x240 and when I put 64 frames together I end up with a 14Mb QuickTime mov
> file.  Is there a simple utility that will convert a tga file to a 8bit gif or
> do I need to RTFM for cjpeg or libpng and write my own?
>
> Dennis Clarke
>
> ps: Yes I know that I am being lazy but if someone else has jumped through the
> hoops to get a mov to mpg convertor or something like that then why re-invent
> the wheel?

Well, if you have a Quicktime movie, just try using Cinepak or one of the other
codecs.
Or create an MPEG. Look to http://www.mpeg.org/ for software.

BTW, it is very helpful if you mention what platform you are on.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.