POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : patch: smooth_color_triangle : Re: patch: smooth_color_triangle Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patch: smooth_color_triangle
From: Ansgar Philippsen
Date: 2 Aug 1999 06:58:58
Message: <37A57A54.3444923B@ubaclu.unibas.ch>
Thomas Baier wrote:

> Would it be possible to generalize it?
> Both  "Superpatch" and "UV Patch" implement the new object "mesh2"
> which defines a more efficient handling of triangle meshes.
> Additional it allows texurizing individual faces or groups of faces.
> It would be nice to have a switchable, general interpolation/blending
> of face materials. Possible ?

To be honest, I do not know. I need to look at the structure of the mesh2
implementation. It would be nice if SuperPatch and UVPatch could somehow be
merged. The UV Patch I have found, still looking for the SuperPatch download
:)

I will look into this and post results...

Ansgar

aphilipp at bioz dot unibas dot ch