POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects? : Re: Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are angle dependent reflections based upon actual lighting effects?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 31 Jul 1999 22:39:14
Message: <37A3B3B1.4C493293@geocities.com>
I'd say "yes".

I mentioned it in a different thread here, wondering the same thing myself.

Section 7 in
http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/eyes/wxwatch2.htm

And then here's a nice paper with lots of math and such
http://www.ncas.org/condon/s6chap04.htm

And then a page on rendering mirages:
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/mash/MSc_stuff/render.html

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.