POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections : Re: Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface+pigment...surface imperfections
From: SamuelT
Date: 31 Jul 1999 17:44:34
Message: <37A36EFD.23BA07EC@aol.com>
I already use interpolate 2 for the image_maps I use for the isosurface. I
posted a new shape a few minutes ago that has nearly no artifacts whatsoever.
That is because I used triangle_wave for the pigment. Had I used scallop_wave,
the bad effects would have been very noticeable.

Samuel Benge

Bob Hughes wrote:

> If you notice that when using image_map pigments the 'interpolate' makes
> a big difference. Seems 2 is best to me, not 4. The isosurface probably
> uses a similar convention itself rather than straight procedural
> pigment. If it did it would obviously have no noticeable artifacts, or
> so I would think. Perhaps there is a resolution limitation then? Based
> upon the 1 POV unit square a pigment is usually confined to?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)