POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : reflectivity patch : reflectivity patch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  reflectivity patch
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Jul 1999 22:22:34
Message: <37A25DFA.4812F102@compuserve.com>
I have successfully implemented my reflectivity patch, the syntax is:
//new pattern: solid FLOAT, where FLOAT is the value of the pattern
reflectivity {AMOUNT//this goes under finish
    multiplicative {PATTERN} //A pattern is used to define the amount
    additive {PATTERN}
    subractive {PATTERN}//Not yet implemented, but next in line
dodge, burn, darken, lighten, etc.

    pigment {}//an optional pigment, if present, this is used for
reflectivity calculations
}
I will attempt to integrate blurred and angle-dependant reflections next
after subtractive.
One problem is that I don't know how to calulate the other effects, but
that is only a small problem because those will mostly be useful in my
transparency patch, with layered textures.