POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : patch: smooth_color_triangle : Re: patch: smooth_color_triangle Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: patch: smooth_color_triangle
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Jul 1999 13:09:05
Message: <379f3931@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:04:29 +0200, Ansgar Philippsen wrote:
>Any comments on this patch are of course appreciated, I am especially
>curious if such a patch could be incorporated into the next 'official'
>POV-ray release.

My only concerns with it as a viable patch are the ones you mentioned
in the "Problems" section in your original post.  I wonder if you could
modify the patch to put the interpolated color "under" any other textures
that might be applied to that triangle, as an additional layer that acts
like a substrate.