POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isoblob patch beta : Re: Isoblob patch beta 0.91 Server Time
3 Sep 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isoblob patch beta 0.91
From: Ron Parker
Date: 28 Jul 1999 09:59:29
Message: <379f0cc1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 02:01:18 -0400, Mark Wagner wrote:
>>"This page created entirely in the DOS editor"

(Well, a little in Emacs.)

Except for the images, it was.  Even some of the images were, with
POV as a translator.

>Created by Microsoft's only bug-free program ... Notepad!

"This file is larger than 64K.  Would you like to edit it in
Wordpad instead?"  Some will disagree with me, because they
think design defects can't be bugs, but after four incarnations
of the OS (3.x, 95, 98, and now Millennium) with no real fix in
sight, I would call that one of Microsoft's biggest bugs yet.
Especially the stupid workaround they added instead of fixing
the problem.  At least they got it right in NT.