POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rgb-cube and problems with media : Re: rgb-cube and problems with media Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rgb-cube and problems with media
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jul 1999 11:48:09
Message: <379d81fd.40027921@204.213.191.228>
On 26 Jul 1999 07:48:32 -0400, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:

>  Not really true. I wonder why this delusion persists.
>  See http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ.html#csgspeed
>

>  (Everyone keeps saying that merge is (always) a lot slower than union,
>but no-one has ever said why. Or even proved it.)

Yeah, I have the VFAQ, Warp. I was referring to this particular case,
namely 100 or more transparent media-filled spheres. I agree that
merge can be faster in the some cases, particularly when there are a
lot of transparent objects close together (like 100-200 transparent
surfaces) and media. This is, you should agree, a rare occasion.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700