POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A modest proposal : Re: A modest proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A modest proposal
From: Lance Birch
Date: 27 Jul 1999 04:37:40
Message: <379d6fd4@news.povray.org>
>I second that. Most 3D packages (I'm talking scanline here) have some
>sort of boolean operations.

hehe, from my experiance they're not very good either :)  Sure, it can be
done, but there are LOTS of problems associated with it.  This was
particularly true with MAX 1.2 and 2.0 (2.5 fixed it to most extents and it
works very well now).  But have you ever taken a mesh of a text object and
tried to do an intersection of it with another text object at 90 degrees?
(in a mesh program?)

That's the main problem, booleaning with meshes doesn't always work very
well.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind