POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A modest proposal : Re: A modest proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A modest proposal
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jul 1999 11:42:16
Message: <379c7fd0.39470422@204.213.191.228>
On 26 Jul 1999 09:46:56 -0400, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>Well, you're right there.  Other finite objects would be tough, too.
>Ferinstance, I don't want to think about the Julia object.  But it'd
>be nice for the objects people actually tend to use.

Ahem, just what are you trying to imply, Ron? For Pete's sake, I've
rendered more Julias than anything else (even spheres). Then again, I
might be nuts :)

Seriously, Pascal Massimino's page is hosted on povray.org . I think I
saw something about tesselating a Julia object there.

>>  What about csg?
>
>CSG probably isn't a problem.  It can be done, it's just a Simple
>Matter of Programming.  Lots of programming, that is.

:)
I second that. Most 3D packages (I'm talking scanline here) have some
sort of boolean operations.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700