POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A modest proposal : Re: A modest proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A modest proposal
From: Ron Parker
Date: 26 Jul 1999 09:46:56
Message: <379c66d0@news.povray.org>
On 26 Jul 1999 02:26:48 -0400, Nieminen Mika wrote:
>In povray.general Ron Parker <par### [at] fwicom> wrote:
>:   It would be nice if it were possible to
>: decompose every object into triangles to within specified tolerances
>
>  Is it possible for any object type in povray?
>  What about the infinite objects (planes, polys...)? How do you make an
>infinite triangle?

Well, you're right there.  Other finite objects would be tough, too.
Ferinstance, I don't want to think about the Julia object.  But it'd
be nice for the objects people actually tend to use.

>  What about csg?

CSG probably isn't a problem.  It can be done, it's just a Simple
Matter of Programming.  Lots of programming, that is.