POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mpeg support : Re: Mpeg support Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg support
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Jul 1999 03:21:16
Message: <379a6830.2707205@204.213.191.228>
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:13:35 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>New patch request:
>
>  I recently discovered that the Mac version of pov has direct support for
>compiling animation's as apple quick time movies. How hard would it be to
>build a mpeg encoder into one of the existing patches ? Why should the
>rest of us be left out of the fun eh ?
>
>Rebelliously yours,

Direct usage of the Windows video (and audio? :) codecs shouldn't be
that hard... if DTA does it POV can do it too!

The problem is, as with jpeg output, you wouldn't want to leave a
over-the-weekend render and come back to see that the resulting
animation is dreadfully crispy, blotchy and spotted.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700