POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Plugins, plugins, plugins... : Re: Plugins, plugins, plugins... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plugins, plugins, plugins...
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 27 Jul 1999 07:41:41
Message: <379D9B4D.800B6975@mitre.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

> Alexander Enzmann <xan### [at] mitreorg> wrote:
> : And limit Moray to POV-Ray?  I like the fact that Moray has been opened
> : up to support generic export capabilities.  If you do nothing but
> : POV-Ray scripts, you can't ever take advantage of anything but POV-Ray.
>
>   Did I say that the scripting should be the only way to create objects?

No - my comment was about, "Instead of making a plugin for each simple
task (like the random placement of objects), wouldn't it be a better
idea to allow the user to write little povray scripts to do the task
instead?".

Scripting is just fine.  However, to keep Moray as general as possible,
writing "povray scripts..." seems limiting.  It seems to me that POV-Ray
itself has provided a way for you to write little scripts as macros.
Open up MorayPOV.INC in notepad, write your macro, and off you go.

Xander