POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Reporting : Re: Memory Reporting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Reporting
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 26 Jul 1999 22:35:58
Message: <379D1AF4.8E996D5D@Kopp.com>
Like Nieminen said, it's probably poor memory management on the part of
Windows.  Also, it takes memory to allocate memory... you have to say which
memory is being used by which programs and how big the various chunks are.
(similar to the file allocation table for allocating disk space)

Also don't forget that windows itself uses quite a bit of space.  Most of
it is swapped out most of the time, but it still takes many, many megs and
will give you a large swap file.

-Nathan