POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Memory Reporting : Memory Reporting Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Memory Reporting
From: Ken
Date: 26 Jul 1999 05:10:05
Message: <379C255E.B4547297@pacbell.net>
This question pertains to the way Pov-Ray for windows reports peak memory.

 A scene I rendered this evening had 120k objects. I have 128 megs of
physical ram memory and about 250 megs of swap space available. The
128 megs of ram were consumed quickly and the swap file grew to nearly
220 megs before it finaly finished parsing the file. When I checked the
peak memory use after the image finished rendering however it only
reported using 128 megs of memory. Obviously the math does not work out
and I am wondering why there is such a descrepency between what I know
it to have used and what the program itself reports was used.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm