POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Ambient light using Photon Map : Re: Ambient light using Photon Map Server Time
2 Sep 2024 20:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient light using Photon Map
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Jul 1999 08:06:06
Message: <379AFDB7.ED5C09F8@compuserve.com>
All surfaces are reflective to some degree, and yes, the photon patch
can simulate diffuse interreflection, but I don't think it will produce
good results until there is a photon patch and a blurred reflections
patch in one. And then it will probably be unbearably slow, and a
blurred reflections alone could do it. Just use the built in
"radiosity", it isn't that bad(although I am still learning how to
control it).